Each 1 liter contains :
|Cyanocobalamin (vit. B12)||7.25 mg|
|Excipients up to||100 ml|
Pharmacological properties :
- Butofan is a general health-improving and tonic medication. It normalizes metabolic and regenerative processes; it has a stimulating effect on protein, carbohydrate and fat metabolism; it increases the body’s resistance to adverse environmental factors and promotes the growth and development of young animals.
- Butofan improves liver function, stimulates the conversion of ADP to ATP, increases motor activity of the smooth muscles, and stimulates bone formation.
- Vitamin B12 activates the processes of hematopoiesis and nucleic acid synthesis, restores lymphocyte suppressor levels to normal, takes part in methionine synthesis, promotes glycogen formation, and mobilizes energy reserves necessary for deoxyribose and DNA synthesis.
- Butofan is administered intramuscularly, subcutaneously or intravenously (slowly) once a day for 4–5 subsequent days. The single doses are indicated in the table below:
|Animal||Dos (ml per animal)|
|Poultry||0.25 – 0.5|
|Adult Horses and Cattle||10 – 25|
|Foal & Calves||5 – 12|
|Adult Sheep and Goats||2.5 – 8|
|Lambs and kids||1.5 – 2.5|
|Cats and fur-bearing animals||0.5 – 2.5|
- During a chronic disease, administer ½ the amount of the Butofan dose specified in the table. If necessary, the treatment course is repeated in 5-14 day intervals
- The product should be kept in its original sealed packaging in a dark, dry place, away from food and feedstuffs.
Shelf life :
- when stored within the storage conditions is 2 years from the date of manufacture; after the vial is opened the product can be stored for 28 days.