Result lotion is a lice treatment for pet animals containing 50% isopropyl myristate (active ingredient) and ST-cyclomethicone (inactive ingredient). It works by dissolving the wax that covers the exoskeleton of lice causing subsequent dehydration and death.
- Use towels to protect the animal’s eyes from treatment and prevent clothes from getting wet.
- Apply product to dry hair and massage into the hair until the scalp, especially the sides and nape (back underneath the hair) of the neck, are thoroughly wet with the product. This may take several minutes.
- Lice can crawl up and down the shaft of the hair quickly so it is important to apply the treatment to the scalp as well as from the roots to the ends of the hair.
- After Completing application, allow product to remain on hair for 10 minutes.
- At the end of 10 minutes, rinse with warm water and wash hair, if desired.
- Repeat result lotion application. There may be some eggs that were not killed after the first treatment. These eggs may hatch and need to be eliminated with a second treatment.